Shoto Todoroki is the tritagonist of the manga and anime series, My Hero Academia. He is a student at U.A. High and the son of the former Number Two and currently Number One hero, Endeavor. Born to surpass All Might, he initially rejected using his left side, but after being inspired by Izuku, he accepted his flames and becomes determined to be the kind of hero he wants of be.
He is voiced by Yūki Kaji and Kei Shindō as a child in the Japanese version of the anime, and by David Matranga and Mikaela Krantz as a child in the English version of the anime.
His Good Ranking
What Makes Him Close to Pure Good?
- When electing class president, instead of voting for himself like most other people did, Shoto voted for Momo because he believed her knowledge and skills would allow her to best lead their class.
- During the U.S.J. incident, he defeated the group of villains sent to attack them.
- He saved All Might from the Nomu by freezing the Nomu's body, freeing All Might from its grip.
- In the final match of the Sports Festival against Katsuki, when he wants Shoto to use his flames again, Shoto feels guilty that he can't bring himself to fight using full power and give Katsuki the fight he wants.
- He reunites with his mother, forgiving her for scarring his face.
- He saves Tenya from being killed by Stain with his sword.
- While fending off Stain alongside Izuku, he manages to get through to Tenya and convinces him to overcome his desire for revenge.
- Defeats the Hero Killer: Stain alongside his friends, putting an end to his slaughter of heroes.
- During the Final Exams, when Momo is beginning to doubt herself, he apologizes for making a plan without consulting her and reveals he voted for her as class president, expressing confidence in her skills and inspiring her to have faith in herself.
- On I-Island, he defeats some of Wolfram's minions alongside Katsuki.
- He helps hold off some of Wolfram's large metal cubes.
- He saves Katsuki from being skewered by Moonfish by using his ice.
- Helps Fumikage regain control of Dark Shadow and stop his rampage.
- Attempts to save his classmates from being kidnapped by the League of Villains.
- Takes part in the operation to rescue Katsuki from the League of Villains.
- After the Provisional License Exam, he apologizes to Inasa for his past treatment of him and for being responsible for the animosity between them.
- During the Provisional License course, he manages to reach out to the group of children and finds a way to use his quirk to bring them joy.
- He cheers his father on during his fight with Hood.
- He manages to stop Chimera by freezing him from the inside, assisting in saving Nabu Island.
- After obtaining their Provisional Licenses, both he and Bakugo stop a group of villains called Cidar House from stealing from civilians.
- During his work study at Endeavor's agency, he, Izuku and Katsuki help Endeavor stop multiple villains such as Starservant while also assisting many civilians.
- He saves his brother, Natsuo, from Ending.
- Helps evacuate citizens during the Paranormal Liberation War.
- He saves Mr. Aizawa form being killed by Tomura by knocking him away with a pillar of ice.
- Joins Endeavor and Katsuki in flying into the air to help Izuku fight Tomura.
- Catches both Endeavor and Katsuki in the air, preventing them from falling to their deaths.
- Fights Tomura alongside Nejire Hado.
- Despite the pain of knowing his oldest brother is alive and has become a mass murderer, Shoto remained strong and fought Dabi himself while telling his father to focus on saving his friends so Endeavor wouldn't have to fight his son.
- Showed genuine sympathy and pity for his older brother despite his actions before Dabi starts burning him.
- While recovering in the hospital, Shoto believes he has to fight Dabi himself as part of his responsibility and in order to spare his father any more grief.
- While Shoto did used to hate his father for what he has done to him and his mother, he (unlike Toya) was able to move on from his hatred and has not allowed it to consume him, as shown when in the hospital after the war.
- After talking with his mother, he tells his father that they need to stop Toya together, then offers him a hand of support, causing Endeavor to burst into tears.
- Tried to safely capture Izuku alongside his classmates.
What Prevents Him From Being Pure Good?
- During the Entrance Exam for students with recommendations, Shoto coldly dismissed Inasa Yoarashi when he attempted to befriend him.
- In the beginning of the series, Shoto was initially cold, arrogant and dismissive of his classmates, only focusing on rejecting his father, though he loses this side of him after befriending Izuku.
- During the Provisional License Exam, Shoto began competing and arguing with Inasa while fighting with Gang Orca out of anger and irritation towards Inasa's grudge against him, with their attack nearly getting Yo Shindo incinerated.
|Near Pure Goods|